Open Educational Resources (OER)
Welcome to the Library's Open Education workshops and tutorials page. Here you'll find recordings and other resources related to workshops that delivered or organised by the Library about Open Education and Open Educational Resources (OER).
Getting Started with OER
Getting Started with Open Press at NUI Galway
This tutorial is in the medium of a video playlist; you can find a text version of the script as a Word document below the video link.
Once you have completed the tutorial you will be able to:
1. Log in, start a book and add information about the book including open license information (video 1)
2. Add content including new parts and chapters, text-based content, image, video, and interactive content (video 2)
3. Understand sharing and privacy, export your book into various formats, and adapt other Pressbooks content by cloning, for example (video 3 - coming soon!)
Click on image for video tutorial:
Open Scholarship Cafés on Open Education
We've learned a lot from holding Open Scholarship Cafés on Open Education on topics relating to Open Ed featuring practitioners as speakers. Check out these videos, you'll learn a lot, too.
Topics have included:
- Two projects Ireland making use of OER in interesting ways, including an update from a funded project, part of the NUI Galway OER Pilot
- Podcasts as a medium for open education
- The theory and practice of Creative Commons licensing
- 'Nimble open pedagogy' and students as global researchers
- Last Updated: Jul 14, 2022 11:50 AM
- URL: https://libguides.library.nuigalway.ie/oer
- Print Page