This is a guide to the library resources and services available at Shannon College of Hotel Management.
- Library ResourcesToggle Dropdown
- Academic WritingToggle Dropdown
- Academic Skills self-paced tutorials This link opens in a new windowToggle Dropdown
Online library resources are available 24/7
As a registered student, you can access all online information resources wherever you are and at a time that suits you. Follow the links from the Library Catalogue and login as directed.
Welcome to the Shannon College of Hotel Management Library Guide
This guide contains information that you need to know in order to make the best use of the library service at Shannon College. If you can't find what you are looking for, ask us a question in the online chat below.
Search the catalogue to locate all electronic and local print materials:
Shannon College Library Catalogue
Self-service quick links
- University of Galway Library CatalogueSearch for information resources across all libraries and login to check your borrower record or reserve an item.
- Make an appointment for academic research and writing adviceSchedule a personal appointment for advice on planning, researching or writing your assignment.
- Book an appointment with an AWC tutorAll NUI Galway Academic Writing Centre consultations are online.
- Book the single-occupancy study boothThis space is perfect if you need to concentrate and minimize distractions while you study.
- Scan & Deliver ServiceRequest a chapter of an item from the Library's collection and it will be scanned and emailed to you if available.
- Module reading listsYou can search for reading lists using the module code, module name or lecturer name.
- Assignment TemplatesDownload the relevant submission form you need to include with your assignments here.
- Past exam papersPast exam papers are available on Blackboard at your BBS/BCH programme level.
- SensusAccess document conversion toolSensusAccess allows you to convert your readings and research into formats that you may find easier to work with, whether a Word file, e-book format, or MP3 file that you can listen to. Follow this link to try it.
- Using the WiFiWiFi options and troubleshooting.
- Printing & PhotocopyingHow to use the print service to print, photocopy and scan and the costs involved.
- Top up your print creditPurchase print and copy credit online or view recent transactions on your account.
- Pay a library fineSettle fines for the late return of books through your print credit account.
- Make a comment or suggestion to improve Shannon College LibraryWe'd love to hear from you and welcome your feedback!
Hear what our Students like about the Library
Shannon College Librarian
Shannon College Library Assistant
Shannon College Assistant Librarian & Disability Advisor
- Last Updated: May 31, 2023 4:05 PM
- URL: https://libguides.library.nuigalway.ie/hotelmanagement
- Print Page