How to Find a Book pdf
How to Find a Book
Books relating to Philosophy are mainly located on Floor 1. Some books are located in Closed Access and can be requested. E-books can also be accessed via the library catalogue.
- Philosophy and Political Engagement by Allyn Fives (Editor); Keith Breen (Editor)ISBN: 9781137445872Publication Date: 2016-04-30
- Philosophy by Fritz Allhoff; Ron Mallon; Shaun Nichols Traditional and Experimental Readings is the first introductory philosophy reader to integrate cutting-edge work in empirical and experimental philosophy with traditional philosophCall Number: 100 PHIISBN: 0199775257Publication Date: 2012-08-07
Dictionaries, encyclopedias and other reference works can be an invaluable starting point for your research or study. Print reference works for Philosophy are mainly located in Humanities and Social Sciences Reference on Floor 1.
Examples of useful online reference works for Philosophy include:
From the Special Collections
Divini Platonis Opera opmnia quae extant. (Lvgdvni : apvd F. le Preux. 1590). Henry Library
More Information on Books
Some useful links on borrowing books from the Library
Books in the Library have different loan periods:
- 1 Day Loan
- 3 Day Loan
- Standard (borrower category dependent)
More information on borrowing books can be found at:
James Hardiman Library Borrowing
Guide to the Dewey Decimal System
Our books are catalogued using the Dewey Decimal System. Our guide to this classification scheme will help you to identify the shelf numbers for your specific subject area.
- Last Updated: Sep 30, 2022 12:16 PM
- URL: https://libguides.library.nuigalway.ie/Philosophy
- Print Page