Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tübingen facade, Germany
German Language Resources
- Free Language German - includes links to a variety of freely available German language resources aimed at beginners and more advanced learners. It also includes a large number of podcasts.
- Learn German Online - The Complete beginner's guide to learning German FAST
- Deutsche Welle - Learn German using one or a dozen web-based language learning programs - Free
- Deutsche Welle: Deutsch Interaktiv A1,A2, B1 Courses for beginning and intermediate level students. Your learning progress can be verified immediately with about 750 interactive exercises and tests. Free
- Verbix - German verb conjugator
- Map of Germany - Regions and cities
Online German Newspapers
- Online edition of this German newspaper, published in Hamburg.
- The Süddeutsche Zeitung, published in Munich, is the largest German national subscription daily newspaper.
is a co-operative-owned German daily newspaper administrated by its employees. Founded in 1978 in Berlin.
Weekly news magazine, published in Hamburg.
Neue Zürcher Zeitung (NZZ)
This is a Swiss-German language newspaper with content focusing on international affairs, economy, business etc. Published in Zurich.
is an Austrian published German Language financial daily newspaper published in Vienna.
Deutsche Welle DW
is Germany's public international broadcaster. Deutsche Welle has been broadcasting since 1953. It is headquartered in Bonn, where its radio programmes are produced. Television broadcasts are produced almost entirely in Berlin.
Online news source providing information and discussion on German and worldwide politics, society, economy, culture, etc Published in Hamburg in north west Germany.
You can also access many foreign newspapers electronically by using the Nexis database.
Online German Radio and TV
- Tagesschau - German TV station
- Heute - German online TV station
- Radio Goethe - online Radio station
- Deutsche Welle - Free online internationally focused German news radio source
- Deutsche Welle - Learn German - free online courses devoted to learning German
- The Goethe Institute - a cultural institute aiming to promote knowledge of German language and culture (Dublin). The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide.
- Deutschland.de - this website has information aimed at an international audience. It focuses on areas such as politics, economics, culture, environment, knowledge and life. Provided by Societats-Medien GmbH and the Federal Foreign Office, Berlin.
- ARTE in 5 languages - A European Culture Channel, ARTE provides cultural programming that fosters understanding among Europeans.