Nursing & Midwifery
Library Guide for Nursing & Midwifery
- BooksToggle Dropdown
- JournalsToggle Dropdown
- DatabasesToggle Dropdown
- Useful Websites
- Managing your References
Health Sciences Library Users recommend the following selection of Quick Links. If you would like to recommend a Quick Link please contact the Academic Skills Team.
- JMSGThe JMSG seeks to exhibit a broad range of original work from the basic sciences, translational, clinical and surgical disciplines of medicine.
- BlackboardBlackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment
- Google ScholarGoogle's search engine for searching scholarly literature
- MedscapeMedical information and educational tools for specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals. Sign up for a free account
- The Health WellThe Health Well is a resource which supports evidence-based clinical decisions. It is created by physicians and synthesizes the most recent medical information into evidence-based recommendations
- Lenus Irish Health RepositoryOpen access repository for Irish health research and publications. It is managed by the Health Services Executive
- TripThe TRIP Database is a clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice. Facilitates PICO search.
Government and EU Agencies
- Department of Health (Ireland)Formulates and evaluates policies for health services and has a role in the strategic planning of health services.
- NMBI - Nursing & Midwifery Board (Ireland)NMBI, formerly An Bord Altranais, is the independent, statutory organisation which regulates the nursing & midwifery professions in Ireland.
- HSE - Health Services ExecutiveThe HSE provides all of Ireland's public health services, in hospitals and communities across the country
- HIQA - Health Information and Quality AuthorityThe Health Information and Quality Authority is the independent Authority established in May 2007 to drive continuous improvement in Ireland's health and social care services.
- WHO - World Health OrganisationWHO is the directing and co-ordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.
- Public Health EuropeThis is the website of the European Commission's Directorate for public health and risk assessment.
- INMO - Irish Nurses and Midwives OrganisationThe Organisation’s members work in all areas of the Irish healthcare system, both public and private, including clinical, educational and management in both hospital and community settings.
- Royal College of NursingThe UK's Nursing Union and professional body for nurses, midwives and health care assistants.
- Royal College of MidwiferyThe RCM is the professional organisation and trade union dedicated to serving midwifery.
- NICE - National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceUK organisation providing guidance and advice on health and social care
- Nursing & Midwifery CouncilThe Nursing and Midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
Biomedical and Life Sciences- Online lectures
- Last Updated: Feb 8, 2023 9:32 AM
- URL: https://libguides.library.nuigalway.ie/Nursing_and_Midwifery
- Print Page