- BooksToggle Dropdown
- DatabasesToggle Dropdown
- Managing your References
- Plagiarism This link opens in a new window
Health Sciences Library Users recommend the following selection of Quick Links. If you would like to recommend a Quick Link please contact the Academic Skills Team.
- JMSGThe JMSG seeks to exhibit a broad range of original work from the basic sciences, translational, clinical and surgical disciplines of medicine.
- BlackboardBlackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment
- Google ScholarGoogle's search engine for searching scholarly literature
- MedscapeMedical information and educational tools for specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals. Sign up for a free account
- The Health WellThe Health Well is a resource which supports evidence-based clinical decisions. It is created by physicians and synthesizes the most recent medical information into evidence-based recommendations
- Lenus Irish Health RepositoryOpen access repository for Irish health research and publications. It is managed by the Health Services Executive
- TripThe TRIP Database is a clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice. Facilitates PICO search.
- IMO - Irish Medical OrganisationThe role of the IMO is to represent doctors in Ireland and to provide them with all relevant services
- The Medical CouncilThe Medical Council regulates medical doctors in the Republic of Ireland. The Council's purpose is to protect the public by promoting and better ensuring high standards of professional conduct and professional education, training and competence among doctors.
- Health Research BoardThe Health Research Board (HRB) is a statutory agency under the aegis of the Department of Health. As the lead agency in Ireland responsible for supporting and funding health research, information and evidence.
- CEBM - Centre for Evidence-Based MedicineThe Centre is housed within the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences at the University of Oxford. This website contains details of learning resources available from the Centre and collaborative departments.
- NICE - National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceUK organisation providing guidance and advice on health and social care
Government and EU Agencies
Department of Health (Ireland)Formulates and evaluates policies for health services and has a role in the strategic planning of health services.
HSE - Health Services ExecutiveThe HSE provides all of Ireland's public health services, in hospitals and communities across the country.
HIQA - Health Information and Quality AuthorityThe Health Information and Quality Authority is the independent Authority established in May 2007 to drive continuous improvement in Ireland’s health and social care services.
WHO - World Health OrganizationWHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.
Public Health EuropeThis is the website of the European Commission's Directorate for public health and risk assessment.
Biomedical and Life Sciences- Online lectures
- Last Updated: Apr 27, 2023 12:36 PM
- URL: https://libguides.library.nuigalway.ie/Medicine
- Print Page