Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Services Update
Library term time opening times can be found online, we look forward to welcoming all students back on campus.
Study spaces are available in the Main Library, Nursing Library, Shannon College and Assistive Technology.
*All changes are subject to prevailing public health guidelines and therefore subject to change.
Click on the links below to find out about Library services that are available:
Conditions of entry to the Library
- A entry and exit system is in place, please follow signs for entry and exit
- Face coverings must be worn at all times
- Wipe desk with cleaning materials before and after use, there are sanitising stations at various locations throughout the building
- Use hand sanitiser when you enter the Library
- Wash your hands regularly throughout the day
- Follow instructions as signposted or given by staff or stewards
- Practice physical distancing while in the Library, limit your movement around the Library
The Multi-Function Printer located at the Podium Floor/Ground Floor of the library are available for use.
There are a limited number of PCs available for use in the Library. To assist with printing there are a small number of stand up PCs available from where you can print. It is also possible to submit your prints via WiFi, more information on WiFi printing is available here.
Registered external members are welcome to use the Library, however, we ask that external members use the Library in the evenings or at weekends when it's not busy. You will need an up to date card to enter the Library. If your card has expired please contact the Service Desk via the Ticketing System or Live Chat for assistance.
Please note we are unable to process any new requests for external membership for the moment.
Borrowing & Returning
Our Book Stacks are now available for browsing - see Guidelines below.
- Please do not borrow books from the library if you are sick. If you have borrowed books and then develop symptoms, please quarantine the books in your own home for 72 hours after you have completed a 14-day isolation period and are fever free by 5 days.
- Only one person may enter a row of bookshelves at a time.
- If a book is removed from the shelves but you are not going to borrow it, please return it to one of the nearby trollies. Please do not reshelve the book yourself.
- If you wish to borrow a book, please use one of the self-check machines found on the floors. Please wipe the self-check machine before and after use, using the disinfectant wipes provided.
- Borrowed books must be returned via the Returns Box located outside the main entrance to the library.
Library Opening Hours
Term time hours can be found on our website