1. Logon to the library website with your students account and password by clicking "Login" at the top of the library website ‐ https://library.nuigalway.ie
2. Search for "Group Study Rooms" and then click on Print Locations on this item.
3. You will see there are 5 group study rooms. Three are in the main library and two others in the Nursing library but they are all available to all students.
4. Click the Request link to the right of the you would like to book.
5. The booking request screen will appear
6. Click the "Check availability" link (see above image) to see when this room is available.
7. From the availability calendar, you will be able to see when this room is free. Any hour with a red shading on it is already booked. Pick the slot you want to make your booking for. Each booking can be a max of 1 hour long, but you can book up to two one hour slots separately. Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance and your account can only have two bookings on it at any one time.
8. Close the calendar window or switch back to the tab with the booking screen on it.
9. Choose your start and end dates and times from the drop down menus. The minutes must be 00 and the length cannot be more than 1 hour.
10. Click the "Request" button to proceed.
11. You will get a "Request Placed" message and the request will appear under "Requests" in your My Account Screen as shown below.
12. If you want to book a second hour for the same room then you can do so in the same way.
13. At the time of your booking, you go to the Holds Room behind the Library & IT Service Desk in the library foyer and issue the pack for the room to yourself using the self‐issue machine in that area.
14. After your booking is over you return the pack at the same machine so that it gets removed from your account.